Zucchini Noodle Sloppy Joes
Looking for a yummy low carb chilly day treat? Well look no further, cause these zoodles are outta this world!
What You'll Need:
2 TBS coconut oil
1 red pepper, diced
1 large onion, diced
1 TSP salt
1 TSP garlic powder
1 LB ground beef
3/4 cup ketchup
1/4 cup coconut aminos
2 TBS tomato paste
4 zucchini, spiralized
Directions to make:
1) Heat the coconut oil in a skillet over medium heat. Once hot, add in the pepper and onion and sauté until translucent.
2) Stir in the salt and garlic powder and then add in the beef, continuing to break up with a spoon. Cook until brown.
3) Next, add in the ketchup, coconut aminos and tomato paste. Make sure to coat everything with the sauce.
4) Turn the heat down to low and cook for 30-45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5) While this is simmering, preheat the oven to 200°. Line a baking sheet with paper towels and add the zucchini noodles on top. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes to dry up some of the water.
6) Place zoodles on plate and then top with meat mixture. Enjoy!
Recipe by: Sydney Wright @smwrightt