4 Ways to Start Cultivating Self-love on the Daily
WHAT DOES SELF-LOVE REALLY MEAN?
A lot of us tend to identify self-love with the things that we do, but in actuality, it's a lot more powerful than that. It starts with our minds and the way we portray ourselves. Often, we also hear: "If we don't love ourselves first no one will love us." But in reality, loving someone else actually can really help us to love ourselves more.
"We all want to know that we matter."
The problem with our society is that most of the time we don't want to admit we dont know something. We are never willing to learn something new, just because we want the pride of saying that we do know. One tip we would like to give you is: Be willing to be a student of life always. This will take you so far.
Here are 4 ways to start cultivating self-love:
1) Figure out what you want.
2) TELL YOURSELF YOU CAN DO IT (Self-fulfilling prophecy).
3) Give yourself permission to DO—meaning, give yourself permission. Decide to move in a certain direction developing more self-support.
4) Nutrition. It all starts with feeding your mind and body with the key things you need to thrive in every way.
Now that we have given you some self-love cultivation tips, let's get to the steps on how to make it happen:
1) Develop standards in all relationships you have—your environment becomes you.
2) Acknowledge positive feedback. It's okay to get a compliment and TAKE IT!
3) Daily practices of self-care, AKA working out, drinking enough water, meditation, and the list goes on.
4) FORGIVE YOURSELF for ever telling yourself you're not good enough, for ever doubting yourself, for not treating yourself the way you deserve to be treated, forgive yourself for not admiring your progress.
5) Be intentional... be intentional about living a healthy life.
And there you have it. Little steps of self-love everyday go so far. It starts with your mind, be concious of the things you are doing and how you are treating YOU!
"It's not selfish to love yourself, it's necessary."